9/26/08

life's little rewards

I was surprised this morning to see a comment from Courtney that said to go check her blog, I had a reward. Really? What for...I haven't done anything. Trust me on the that one. I've doled out my opinion for years =) but you always figure people might listen a little but in the end they'll do what they really want to do, right? I guess we impacted Courtney's family more than we realized. Thank you for thinking me worthy, Courtney. She said this award was making the rounds quickly in the blogging world. Hmmm, does that mean I just got picked last by default? =)

Here are the Smile Award rules:

1. The recipient must link back to the award's creator. 2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

So, now it is my turn to pick my worthy recipients! I have some that I want to nominate but they don't blog.

Jennifer has been my buddy for a couple of years now, but this last year we've discovered many more things about each other that we had in common. She's my detective buddy and together we solve the mysteries of the world! We're also living vicariously thru her family right now as they become a horse family...have you seen their very beautiful horses? From homeschooling to adoption to Virginia...we see eye to eye on so much.

Sarah is so smart. I love her advice and thoughts on life. She's been able to give me different perspectives on so many different things (including politics!) and reminds me of the things I forget along the way. She's witty and funny, and sarcastic just like me!

Sian is my reigning coupon buddy. We've learned we have so much more in common than coupons. As we've swapped for the last 2 years, we talked about life beyond shopping duty and found that we like each other a lot.

Joyce is a mom that I hope to meet! and I've loved emailing with. She's waiting to travel to her newest child. I've loved sharing the journey with her. I only hope I gave her lots of opportunity to smile as we weaved our way thru this year.

I'm going to stop here. I figure I'll balance out those that couldn't stop at 5! But if I could give non bloggy friends an award, Anita, Juannell, and Kathrine would be in the mix for sure. And then I would be one of those that went beyond 5. =) Besides, they read my blog...I think.

No comments: