7/16/07

what a day!

We made the decision over the weekend to send the files of the 3 boys to an international doctor. Should you ever need an opinion, let me know and I'll give you the info. This lady is fabulous and got back to us in great time. She called about 11am and we talked for about 45 minutes. I was hoping John could hear everything but he wound up taking Jani out to play. She gave me the pros and cons about each child. Some were good to hear, some sad to hear. I still can't believe how different this is from getting our referral before. We had time to talk them over. Still had questions about them and then at 5:40 another phone call. This time it's the director of our agency! She explained she couldn't call over the weekend because she was sick. We went over all 3 boys, sharing with her what we had learned that morning from the IA doctor. I cried a few times. We so much wanted to say yes to someone, but that meant saying no to someone else. So after 1.5 hours on the phone with her we made our decision. It was really hard letting go, but I did.

One of the things I have to get working on asap is a photo album for each child. The boys are currently in separate foster homes, but I've asked if they could be moved back together. The foster parents read it to the children to help get them familiar with the family. Another very cool thing is that once a month you can send to the agency a gallon size baggie filled with whatever. They send a box or boxes to the orphanage and the orphanage makes sure that the bag gets to your child. And there's no charge for this!

Much exhaustion and much happiness.

No comments: